Issuing of EU type Licenses
Why to replace your old driving license with a new of EU type?
The new EU type licenses (looking like a credit card) will gradually replace all the old paper driving licenses which have been granted to the citizens.
The new EU type licenses:
- Used as an identity card across the EU
- Allow you to drive in all EU member states
- Allow you to rent a car abroad.
- Are small size and easily fit in a wallet.
See below the conditions and documentation required for the issuing of an EU type driving license.
You have to:
- Be a resident of Greece.
- Be a holder of a valid old type Greek driving license of any category or sub-category
- Do not hold any other driving license, of the same category, Greek or of another EU Member State (including Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein)
- Application – Solemn Declaration (form M68)
- Driving license printing application (form)
- Deposit fees 30 € from www.taxisnet.gr
- Photocopy of identity card or passport
- Photocopy of the owned old type driving license, which must be in force*
- Photocopy of a valid residence permit or any other equivalent document, in case you are not a Greek citizen, which must have been issued at least 185 days before the submission of the application or 95 days, if the applicant is a citizen of an EU member state or of Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, and is still valid until the day of reception of the Greek driving license.
- Two (2) recent passport type photos
If your driving license has expired you must additionally submit the following documents:
- Health certificates from a pathologist and an ophthalmologist, contracted with the competent Transport and Communications Department or Report of a Secondary Medical Committee, as appropriate.
- 4 passport type photos
- Deposit fees 50 €, 30€ and 18 € from www.taxisnet.gr
For your convenience, you can pay the deposit fees to us and we can undertake the printout from www.taxisnet.gr and their payment to the IRS.
Moreover, the applications are available in our offices, where one of our associates will help you fill them!
For more information, call as at 210-8992826 and we will help you immediately!