Loss of the Driving License
Do you need to reissue your driving license?
You are obliged to replace it, in the following cases:
- if your driving license is stolen or if you lost it
- if your license has been deformed or damaged to such an extent, that the information or photo are not shown clearly
- if you have changed your name or other personal information listed on your driving license.
- or if you just want to replace your license with the new EU type driving license
It is illegal to drive without having a driving license. FARFARAS Driving Schools undertake to reissue your driving license for any of the above reasons!
See below the conditions and necessary documents for the reissuing of your driving license:
You have to:
- Be a resident of Greece.
- Be a holder of a Greek driving license or of another EU Member State, or Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein
- Do not hold any other driving license, of the same category, Greek or of another EU Member State (including Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein)
- Have reached the required age limit for each category of driving license, in case that the license has been issued by another, except Greece, Member State of the EU or from one of the above three countries.
- Application – Solemn Declaration (form M70)
- Driving license printing application (form)
- Deposit fees 30 € from the National Bank of Greece in case of loss, or 60 € for the second, third etc. loss or theft of the driving license
- Deposit fees 30 €, 30€, 9,02 € from www.taxisnet.gr
- Tax Registration Number
- Photocopy of identity card or passport
- Photocopy of a valid residence permit or any other equivalent document, in case you are not a Greek citizen, which must have been issued at least 185 days before the submission of the application or 95 days, if the applicant is a citizen of an EU member state or of Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein, and is still valid until the day of reception of the Greek driving license.
- Official document of the state authority which issued the foreign driving license, together with a translation thereof, containing all elements of the license and its holder and ensuring that the license is not withheld by any authority of the issuing State due to any penalty.
- Translation of the foreign driving license by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by a lawyer.
- One (1) recent passport type photo
For your convenience, you can pay the deposit fees to us and we can undertake the printout from www.taxisnet.gr and their payment to the IRS.
Moreover, the applications are available in our offices, where one of our associates will help you fill them!
For more information, call as at 210-8992826 and we will help you immediately!